April 2 & 3, 2016, at Sofia University, Great Sophia Classroom,
1069 East Meadow Circle, Palo Alto, CA 94303
Saturday – 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, Sunday – 10:30 am to 5:30 pm
Pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, please contact:
Dr. Steven Schmitz at firstname.lastname@example.org
EVENT DESCRIPTION: The first day (Saturday) covers the theory and techniques of Biotransenergetics and the topic of “psicotranse,” Transe is that state or field that allows the individual to have a felt sense of direct contact with the divine dimension. The word, Transe, describes a non-ordinary state of consciousness in the Brazilian shamanic tradition. This concept of Transe, from a psychological perspective, can be seen as the state of being integrating the five levels of experience. From a neurophysiologic perspective Transe can be described as the self-awareness of the lived experience and can be therapeutically beneficial as a field of non-ordinary state of consciousness when consciously shared by the psychotherapist and the client in a therapeutic session.
Both days include lectures, group discussions, in-depth experiential practice, supervised work with the skills and practices of Biotransenergetics, and learning how to effectively incorporate the use of psicotranse into your psychotherapy or counseling practice.
Biotransenergetics is a well researched and practiced transpersonal method of psychotherapy (since the early 1980s) that draws upon Italian Clinical Psychotherapy, Bioenergetics Therapy, and Brazilian Shamanic Practice. This Professional Training Workshop is designed for mental health professionals and licensed psychotherapists, as well as psychotherapy and counseling graduate students.
- Describe the theory and techniques of Biotransenergetics
- Describe maps of consciousness, non-ordinary states of consciousness, and the five levels of experience within the context of Biotransenergetics theory
- Apply the theoretical basis of psicotranse and the process of integrating psicotranse to the therapeutic setting
- Work with the Dreaming body – a sequence of corporal practices the client performs guided by the psychotherapist
- Utilize their psicotranse skill training through supervised practice
- Utilize the practice of archetypal movements to improve personal awareness of proprioceptive, visceral, and kinesthetic signals
- Utilize the practice of symbolic, archetypal, and imaginal processes accompanied with drumming and breathing to intensify sensorial experience
- Integrate and apply the weekend training to their therapeutic practice and life.
ABOUT THE THERAPIST: Dr. Lattuada is the Director of the Integral Transpersonal Institute in Milan, Italy, a transpersonal psychotherapy and counseling training institute. Pier is also a psychotherapist, professor for Sofia University Global Ph.D. program, author, and Board member of the European Transpersonal Association (EUROTAS).
Mental Health Professionals and Licensed Psychotherapists …… $200.00
ATP members …………………………………..……………..……. $170.00
Graduate students (current ID required) ……….……….…………$100.00
12 CE hours are available …………………………………………$35.00
This event is co-sponsored by the Association for Transpersonal Psychology (ATP), the Community Center for Health and Wellness (CCHW) at Sofia University, and the Spiritual Competency Center.
CEs for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center which is co-sponsoring this program. Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for the program and its content. SCRC is a California Board of Registered Nursing Provider (BRN Provider CEP11909). California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal by LCSWs and MFTs for programs from approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association. For questions about CE visit www.spiritualcompetency.com or contact David Lukoff, PhD at email@example.com